Course Terms and Conditions
SKI LE GAP: INFORMED CONSENT AND WAIVER FORM AND GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following is provided to ensure that the terms, conditions and circumstances under which the course is offered are clear and fully understood. The sporting events that we engage in carry a certain risk and the design of the course, qualifications and experience of our staff, as well as these regulations, help minimise such risk.
- Enrollment; Payments:
To enrol, you must duly complete the registration form and pay the registration fee.All payments are non-refundable. Ski le Gap 2014 inc (“SLG”, “we”, “us”, “our”) therefore suggests that each student (and, to the extent applicable, the person responsible for payment of fees, collectively, “you”) take out travel insurance, including cancellation insurance, by the time of the first invoice.
You must be at least 18 years of age. We reserve the right to refuse enrolment to any student if, in our sole discretion, such student is unsuitable. Our decision is final, and we are not obliged to provide reasons for our decision. If we cannot accommodate your needs, we will not be able to accept your booking and will cancel your booking or if you did not give us full details at the time of your booking, we may also cancel it and impose applicable cancellation charges.
You understand and acknowledge that the activities during the SLG course involve many risks, damages and hazards that are inherent and that accidents may happen during such course.
You should be insured for all eventualities. You should obtain insurance immediately after booking to ensure coverage for cases of cancellation.We require that you provide proof of insurance, including travel insurance covering at least cancellations, curtailments, theft, accident, medical, liability for third-party injury or death and equipment, prior to departure from your home country.It is your responsibility to ensure that your insurance is adequate and appropriate for the activities involved with the training courses, activities and programmes that you have booked with SLG. Some insurance guidelines are contained in SLG’s information booklet; these are for guidance only and you shall be solely responsible for ensuring you have insurance coverage that is adequate in all respects.Failure to disclose relevant information may affect your insurance. If you fail to travel with adequate insurance coverage, we will not be liable for any losses in respect of which such insurance coverage would otherwise have been available.
- No refund:
If you fail to join the course, or leave the course prior to completing it, we will not make any refund to you.No refund will be payable if we are forced to cancel the course due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, war or threat of war, riot, civil unrest or insurrection, strike, lockout or other industrial action, act of terrorism, act of God, fire, flood or other adverse weather conditions.
- Surcharges/Exchange rates:
We reserve the right to impose surcharges in respect to cost increases related to fuel, currency exchange rates or UK or foreign government action. We use an exchange rate of C$1.7 to the British pound. We will absorb an increase in the cost of the course equivalent to 2% of the course price. If the surcharge exceeds 10% of the course price, you have the right to cancel and receive a full refund of invoices paid, less any taxes or costs incurred. We will not give refunds if the currency exchange rate improves after your purchase.
- Change/Cancellation: We reserve the right to alter the schedules, timetables and activities related to our courses and will provide you with reasonable notice of any known changes. If, in our opinion, the fulfilment of any aspect of the course is considered impossible, illegal, or inadvisable because of weather conditions, or for any other reason not arising from our negligence, we may at any time cancel the course or what remains of it, or make any alteration in accommodation, price or other aspects relating to the course that we think fit.We reserve the right to require you to leave the course if at any time we feel that you are not compatible with the general enjoyment or well-being of others, if your behaviour is socially unacceptable or if, in our sole discretion, you are in any way whatsoever a danger to yourself or others. In such a case, you are responsible for your repatriation and all costs thereof. We will not make any refund in relation to your departure from the course for any reason enumerated in this paragraph.
- Covid Policy 2021/2022 season: If we have to cancel your trip due to covid restrictions or advice, or if you are restricted to travel from your country to Canada because of COVID-19, we will issue a full refund of any fees paid, up until 14 days before your course start date. Or you can transfer your booking to the following winter, with no change fee. Ski Le Gap is not liable in any way should the course, or any part of the trip, be cancelled due to a Covid-19 related issue. Such as (but not restricted to) resort closure, border closure or contraction of Covid-19. The client will absorb all financial liabilities and Ski Le Gap (nor any sub-contracted service providers) will not refund any monies paid to date. These terms are applicable from 14 days prior to commencement of the programme. If Ski Le Gap deem it necessary to curtail the course before this date, we shall refund all monies received less the registration fee.
- Your health:
You must be in a physical and mental condition appropriate to the course you are taking.You must inform us of any past or present medical condition(s) that may affect your wellbeing or that of other students or course instructors at the time you complete the registration form and while attending a SLG course.
- Loss or damage of personal property:
Loss or damage of personal property must be claimed from your insurance. We do not accept responsibility for loss or damage to your personal property.
You are reminded that you are solely responsible for complying with all formalities required by police, customs or health authorities at the point of departure, at the destination or while in transit.
- Illegal property or items:
You are not allowed to use or be in possession of any unlawful properties or items (including illegal drug possession/taking). Should any such properties be found in your possession, you will be immediately required to leave and will be responsible for your repatriation and all costs thereof.
You hereby formally agree to hold harmless SLG and/or its owners and/or administrators and/or staff against any claims, liability or expense whatsoever, arising through or out of death or injury or damage to person or property alleged to have arisen during the course you followed. We shall be entitled to recover from you the cost of all damage or loss that you cause.
We have the right to use any photographs, film or any creative material such as songs or music, taken during the course, exclusively in our advertising or publicity material, without obtaining further consent from you, unless we receive your written refusal at the start of the course.
- Use of Personal Information:
You agree and accept that your identity can be transmitted to any organisation involved in the provision of the course by Ski le Gap that may be necessary for the duration of the season or course and that we can use your personal information as described in the Safeguarding Policy.
- Governing Laws:
These terms and conditions and any action related thereto will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the Province of Quebec and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions, including any question regarding their existence, validity or termination, shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Quebec, Canada (district of Montreal).
- All regulations for students on the SLG course are based on community living.
- According to Canadian law smoking is not permitted in any public building.
- There is no curfew time. Students are expected to be quiet when they return late at night.
- Participants understand and accept that if at any time during the course SLG deems it necessary or advisable SLG will contact the participant’s parent or guardian.
- The above conditions are for the safety and well-being of all students on the course. SLG reserves the right to ask any student who violates any of the above conditions to leave the course. In such circumstances the student is liable for their own repatriation and all costs thereof without refunds.